Chaired by Mike Bishop (Treasurer), the finance committee is primarily responsible for encouraging, enabling, and tracking the long-term financial sustainability of ESANS.
- Development and monitoring of ESANS's performance relative to ESANS's Strategic Business Plan
- Development and monitoring of ESANS's annual program and related budget in consultation with staff and appropriate Board committees
- Evaluation of potential financial viability of proposed projects/events
- Monthly reporting of financial status
- Coordination of Annual Audit
- Funding Negotiation (e.g., with ACOA, OED, etc.)
- Recommendation of member rates for Board approval
- Approval of sponsorship and affiliate revenue generating programs
- Approval of staff renumeration
- Approval of subcontractors and negotiation of subcontract agreements
ESANS' Strategic Plan has been developed to achieve financial independence and sustainability through membership, events, advertising, and sponsorship. To achieve financial independence and sustainability, the Business Plan for the five-year period ending in 2014 forecasts increased revenues and cost-efficiency in operations and administration.
The Finance Committee collaborates with all other ESANS committees to develop and increase support from members and affiliates to eliminate the necessity for government subsidy, and verify a level of staffing appropriate to serve the needs of ESANS members and grow the organization consistent with the objectives of the Strategic Plan.
If you are interested in serving on the Finance Committee, please contact us at email@example.com